Palak Paneer Recipe
Hello Food Lovers,
I’m a foodie too and like anything tasty. (Of course! sometimes I have to tolerate not so tasty food…but not everyyyytimeeee ;)). I miss some dishes of North India and so-called Punjabi Dhabas here, do no justice to the taste of authentic cuisines. So I decided to learn by myself until I get it tasty.
Here I am with my super hit recipe of Palak Paneer. Whenever I make it, it comes out tastier as ever. The recipe is simple, less time taking, healthy and easy one. When your guests are around, give this recipe a try, you will find them asking for more
Here is the recipe:
Serves 3 people (or better 2 :D)
All you need:-
- Spinach – a bunch, just remove the ends and no need to remove the entire stem.
- Tomato – 1 big size, chopped
- Onion – 1 medium size, chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch, grated
- Green chillies – 1, very fine chopped
- Beaten Curd – 1 tbsp (Curd can be replaced with 1/2 tbsp cream or 1/2 tbsp fresh malai but that makes it high calorie dish)
- Salt – 1 small tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 small tsp
- Garlic Chutney – 1 small tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 small tsp
Here we go:
- Wash spinach properly. Keep the spinach into the boiling water for around 2 min. Then drain out the content using sieve. Save this stock to be used later.
- Till the spinach comes at room temperature, we can begin with the preparation. Take 1 tbsp oil into kadai. Add chopped onion. Cook it on high flame first and then keep the flame lowest. Cook until it turns translucent.
- Add green chillies, ginger and garlic chutney. Mix well till the raw smell goes away.
- Add tomato and all the spices except garam masala. Mix well and stir it in intervals till the tomato is mushy and starts leaving oil. Meanwhile you can make spinach paste by adding little bit of cold water.
- When the tomato starts leaving oil add the spinach paste.
Mix it well for say 2 min. Add the stock that you saved earlier. Add garam masala and curd. Take a boil and add paneer cubes to it. Stir gently and Cook it on the low flame for 10 mins.
Our Palak Paneer is ready. Enjoy it with rotis or paranthas.
Try the recipe and let me know if you like it by leaving a comment below. It gives me a lot of encouragement to share whatever I know best.
Any questions? Comment below. I would love to answer 🙂
All you need to do is to write your name and comment. That’s it. Simple!
See ya…Until next time…Mrs HappyGoLucky 😀 <3